Mate unreadable— finger problem

Discussion about the OutBack Mate Remote

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Mate unreadable— finger problem

Postby Dudleybeek on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:51 am

Help, I replaced the memory battery in my Mate (code 4.4.1) and somehow, after setting the clock, I managed to set the contrast adjustment so that I am only seeing black squares. I don’t know what buttons I have pushed or where I am in the programme. If I unplug and restart, I can see greeting and it goes to port assignment, I can read these no problem, and then the black squares appear. What Can I do to solve the problem? :oops:
Dudleybeek

My RE system: Two VFX3024J w FW-SP-ACA, two Flexmate 80, one MATE, 12 X Surrette S-530 6v batteries, 12X 240w Risen panels

Re: Mate unreadable— finger problem

Postby jguzman on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am

If you tilt the MATE towards you and look down at the LCD screen, you will be able to read the screen. ('ol trick I've learned) In any case you still can't read it:
From the main screen go to: setup (third button) MATE (Fourth button) CTN (Second button) Decrease (Third button)
Jorge Guzman
Technical Support Supervisor

Watch easy to follow video tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/c/wattschool
jguzman
Applications Engineering

My RE system: GVFX3524, FM80, MATE3. 3x 260W REC. 4x Trojan L16 FLA 370Ah.

Re: Mate unreadable— finger problem

Postby Dudleybeek on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:33 am

Problem solved——thanks a lot. I felt like a proper idiot when I did it. It was too dark to see it from the bottom, but the keystrokes bought it up fine!
Dudleybeek

My RE system: Two VFX3024J w FW-SP-ACA, two Flexmate 80, one MATE, 12 X Surrette S-530 6v batteries, 12X 240w Risen panels

Return to Mate