Changing Settings via AXS

Changing Settings via AXS

Postby intellact on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Has anyone had any luck at programming their settings via the AXS Port? :cry:

I have tried everything I can think of, and the Modbus connection keeps coming back with "Illegal data value". I have even tried commercial software that reads and writes Modbus. I read a 'Programmable' value fine, then I send exactly the same value back... "Illegal data value". ](*,)

I'd sure appreciate any hints.
Andrew Welch, creator of WattPlot
intellact
OutBack Czar

Re: Changing Settings via AXS

Postby tallgirl on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:37 pm

First question, given that you're not walking the map correctly, is are you sure you're reading the correct register? And are you sure you're writing a valid value back to that register?

If you don't already have a copy of the model for whatever device you're trying to program, go download it from the SunSpec website, and let me know which data point you're trying to program and the value.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Postby intellact on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:04 pm

tallgirl wrote:First question <remark snipped> is are you sure you're reading the correct register? And are you sure you're writing a valid value back to that register?

Hmm, I never thought of that.

tallgirl wrote:If you don't already have a copy of the model for whatever device you're trying to program, go download it from the SunSpec website, and let me know which data point you're trying to program and the value.

Thanks, but I'm looking for someone who has actually programmed values on an AXS Port, as noted in the original post.
Andrew Welch, creator of WattPlot
intellact
OutBack Czar

Postby tallgirl on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:39 pm

intellact wrote:
tallgirl wrote:If you don't already have a copy of the model for whatever device you're trying to program, go download it from the SunSpec website, and let me know which data point you're trying to program and the value.

Thanks, but I'm looking for someone who has actually programmed values on an AXS Port, as noted in the original post.

Considering I've written SunSpec compliant clients and servers (and Modbus masters, slaves, stacks, etc.), and worked for two different companies that were involved with SunSpec, I'm fairly knowledgeable in all this goo ...

Of course, I could just go order an AXS port. My software already has full Modbus support, including dynamic configuration of SunSpec compliant systems ...
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Return to AXS Port