NEED HELP SELLING MY OUTBACK SYSTEM - ORPHANAGE

A place to post images of your OutBack Power System

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

NEED HELP SELLING MY OUTBACK SYSTEM - ORPHANAGE

Postby tashirat on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:35 pm

I work at an orphanage in Central Mexico and we were sold an amazing Outback system that we haven´t turned on for one day because it is not the right system to connect to the Mexican Electrical Agency (CFE). None of the stuff has been used, except the batteries, which are now at 50%. Bottom line is we didn´t know what we were doing or what we needed and trusted and recommended company and we were sold things we did not need. We are willing to sell our Outback equipment, which has never been used and is now only two years old, very cheaply because we need the money to buy the inverters that we need to connect to CFE.

We are a registered 501c3 charity in the US. http://www.tashirat.com

We have: 3 Outback GVFX3648LA inverters and a lot more. Any help or direction pointing would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to offend this forum by asking for help for selling my used Outback gear if that is not appropriate.

IMG_0057small.jpg
The System

IMG_0042small.jpg
Controllers

IMG_0049small.jpg
Inverters
tashirat
Forum Junior Member

My RE system: Outback FLEX-max- 80 Outback GVFX 3648LA

Re: NEED HELP SELLING MY OUTBACK SYSTEM - ORPHANAGE

Postby blackswan555 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:40 am

System looks good, Sry I can not help with selling it, But another thought, Could you not convert the inverters to be local regulation compliant ?

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
Forum Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Postby tashirat on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:56 am

What we were told (not from the beginning) is that the system requires the batteries in order to connect for the bi-directional exchange of energy with the energy company here CFE. The system can connect, but we were never told that we would have to be repurchasing batteries every 7 years. Basically, it wasn´t explained to us that we could have a system that ran independent of batteries. There doesn´t seem to be a big eBay market for this type of stuff some I am examining all options. Thanks Tim.
tashirat
Forum Junior Member

Postby blackswan555 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:03 am

so the purpose of the system is to sell back to grid only ?
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
Forum Emperor

Postby timmartin on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:31 pm

That's one of the cleanest installs I've ever seen! I hope you can sell it as a complete set and someone can get a deal. Parting it out would be easy but would take a lot more time. I have sold individual outback components on eBay, it's not hard and there are people buying the stuff there, but probably not a complete system like yours.
timmartin
Forum Guru

My RE system: ...
Sharp 120W Panels (12)
SunPerfect 230W Panels (9)
Whisper 100 Wind Turbine
Outback FM60 charge controller
Outback FM80 charge controller
Outback VFX3648 inverter/chargers (2)
Outback FlexNet DC
CALB CA400 LiFePO4 3.2V batteries
(32 cells paired together, 1 string = 51.2V 800Ah)

Postby blackswan555 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:24 am

Seems a shame to take it out as it is such a nice install, It was obviously designed to serve a purpose, What was it ? looks like off grid ? How much is your electricity ? Judging by the charge controllers you have a fair amount of panels, So why not use what ( I presume) you have already paid for instead of taking a nasty loss,
Tim
blackswan555
Forum Emperor

Postby tashirat on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:18 am

When we bought the system two years ago, it was explained to us that this system could connect to CFE (the Meixcan Power Authority) and also be off grid if we needed it. What we weren´t told was that the system required the batteries in order to run so we would have to repurcahse batteries every 5-7 years, which down here are about $500 a piece. I have only be learning about solar over the past few months so please pardon any uneducated comments or wording I present here. We use an average of 3597kWh per month that we have been told the we need anywhere from a 24kW system to a 28kW system to cover 100% of our needs. We were sold a 10Kw system and it was never explained to us that the system would only cover 30% of our needs when we purchased it. We want to clear house and start again with inverters that just connect to CFE and we can start to fund raise again to purchase more panels and inverters to cover 100% of our needs.

That is where I am at right now. We agreed to sell off this system that hopefully has a decent resale value and get what we need. We trusted a recommendation of a friend and really didnt do the homework we should have before doing the deal we did for our system.

Thank you for all of your comments so far.
tashirat
Forum Junior Member

Postby vincjwan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:15 pm

if you would sell to the grid , may be u have problems with your local company , but sure u could use charge controllers and buy again another inverters , u have a very good system with a very nice installation , so buying new inverters is a good idea , I will try to help u selling inverters if anyone interested , but still have difficulties concerning shipping to the middle east ...
vincjwan
Forum Member

My RE system: Grid interactive system,(Backup),GVFX3048E , Flexmax 80 , Trojan T105RE(16), 2600W Solar, Sell:NO, RTS, Hub4, Mate3, OpticsRE

Return to My OutBack Power System